Friday, February 21, 2014

Mustard Seed

If you have faith as small as a mustard seed
And say to the mountain, "move"
It will move.

We didn't even have to speak the word
And the mountain of sand moved

One by one
through the street
ducking under clotheslines

Each carrying their own load
Sand in wheel barrows, bags and buckets

The community came to life
Women carrying loads on their heads
And men pushing loads

Everyone was out
Everyone was helping
Everyone was smiling

I shouldn't have expected any different
When I prayed to see a mountain move

Than God to show up
And show himself through a community

To be glorified by the families
That are glorifying His name

From a place we hear stories of violence
of death
of hardships

We also see God being bigger
Bigger than the problems
Bigger than the hardships

And I love it.

2 comments:

  1. I love this application to a mountain. Our mountains are all different but God and His ability to change things remains the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you use your words to paint pictures. You bless me every time you post. I love you.

    ReplyDelete